Davide was born in Milan on April 21th 1996. He has always been a quiet child, very curious and observant, with his big eyes wide open in search of appealing images.
He has a great passion for football: he started playing football at the age of 6 and has never left the goal posts since (having chosen the role of goalkeeper).
Unfortunately, just as his career was getting under way, just before he was due to hold important auditions for the following year, on August 20th 2009, a bad accident took part of his left leg.
Since then, Davide has worked with great strength and determination to be able to return to the football field especially thanks to the art4sport team, whose ultimate goal was to develop a suitable prosthesis to allow him to restart playing with his beloved soccer ball. Davide has met other boys with the same passion and together with them he plays in a team of amputees whose slogan is “Football my way”! A real achievement for him!
And let’s not forget that, following his accident, Dade was able to discover a new life that he had not known before, which brought him closer and closer to the world of Paralympic sports.
Davide started playing wheelchair basketball in 2010 and this sport has further motivated him. He was a member of the youth team of Santa Lucia Roma, with whom he won the championship in 2010/2011 and earned a deserved second place in the championship in 2011/2012! He also won the Mancini Super Cup two years in a row with Santa Lucia.
He was selected by the Italian Under 22 national team, with whom he took part in the European Championships in London 2012, qualifying in 5th place and gaining access to the World Championships the following year in Turkey. During the World Championships in Adana, Turkey, he was called up by the Under 23 national team. Over the years he has played with various teams: Santa Lucia, Lazio Basket (in B league), NCiP Rieti, i.e. Nuova Pallanestro in Carrozzina Rieti and now with the Volpi Rosse Menarini Firenze.
Thanks to ski4sport, the winter event organized by art4sport, Davide consolidated his passion for snowboarding, which led him to take part in a meeting of the Italian Paralympic snowboard team in January 2020, where he was able to compete with the best exponents of the national teams from Spain, Portugal, Poland, Hungary and Switzerland.
Davide, however, always likes to try out new sports and take on new competitive or recreational challenges: he has also taken part in races on the Sliderking, a large tricycle with which daredevils like him race down mountain routes full of hairpin bends.
Davide is a young man full of life and we hope he will act as a motivator for other young people who, like him, have had or could have the same misadventure.
Davide’s sports achievements
- He plays in the Volpi Rosse Menarini Firenze team
- He played for NCiP Rieti, that is, Nuova Pallanestro in Carrozzina Rieti.
- During the game against ASD Disabili (disabled) Don Orione, he managed to score 19 points and was the game’s top scorer
- He was called up by the Italian U23 National Team to take part in the World Championships in Adana – Turkey.
- World Championships in Adana – Turkey (September 2013): quarter-finals.
- He played for Santa Lucia and was then loaned to ss Lazio Basket where he played the championship as a starter
He played in Santa Lucia team in four different categories:
- 1. Young sector: in a match against Cantù, he lost by 1 point at the last second after a heart-stopping game with a succession of point-to-points between one team and the other.ù
- 2. B League: won the second place in the Championship for basket difference with ss. Lazio Basket.
- 3. A League: He only trained and took part in some games as a reserve
- 4. Italian National Team Under 23
- He took part in the first match in the Amputee National Team Championship, in France
- He started playing wheelchair basketball as a pivot in the Santa Lucia youth team with whom he won the 2010/2011 Italian Mini Wheelchair Basketball Championship.
- Again with the Santa Lucia youth team, he gained the second place in the 2011/2012 Championship and also won the Mancini Super Cup two years in a row.
- He was called up for the Italian Under 22 Wheelchair Basketball National Team, with this team he played in some matches in Cantù, Caserta and Malle (Belgium). The outcome of the latter international competition was a prestigious second place: only Sweden was able to stop and contrast the technicality and skill of the young Italian team.
- He also took part in the 2012 European Championships in London with the Italian Under 22 team, qualifying in 5th place and gaining access to the World Championships the following year in Turkey