Marco was born in Vercelli on June 23rd 1999. He has great passions such as cycling, athletics, basketball, volleyball, tennis, swimming, football and rowing. His favourite sports, however, are boxing and roller hockey, which he has been practising for eight years. The sporting figure he admires most is Muhammad Ali, who for him was the best boxer in the world.
Unfortunately, on June 19th 2013, while trying to retrieve a ball, Marco fell from a roof and this bad accident caused him to lose his right leg.
Although this sad experience happened recently, Marco is a boy full of determination and willpower, surrounded by people who love him and encourage him to never give up!
In fact, the short term goal in his sport, roller hockey, is to be able to prove that he is a complete athlete even with a prosthesis. In the long term, his dream would be to win the Olympics.
Marco joined the art4sport team in October 2013, during the Family Run, and hopes that the art4sport ONLUS Association will help him to try other sports, first and foremost athletics; this will allow him to gain a lot of experience and broaden his view of the world. He would also love to compete with Bebe!
European Championships in Bydgoszcz – Poland (June 2021):
- long jump T63: fourth place with 5.54 mt
Italian Indoor Championships in Ancona (March 2019):
- 60 mt. cat. T63: gold medal
- 200 mt. cat. T63: gold medal plus Italian record
- long jump cat. T63: silver medal plus Italian record
Italian Championships in Jesolo (July 2019):
- 100 mt. cat T63: gold medal
- 200 mt. cat.63: gold medal
- long jump cat. T63: gold medal
- long jump cat. T63: Italian record (6,11 mt.)
European Paralympic Athletics Championships in Berlin – Germany (August 2018):
- long jump cat. T63: bronze medal
- new personal best record (5.89 m)
Italian Indoor Championships in Ancona (March 2017):
- long jump: gold medal